Free Migrant Support Service
Provides information & assistance for eligible migrants and refugees as well as service providers.
The Migrant Support Worker will:
Click here to see how Migrant Support can assist you.
- Listen carefully and help you decide what to do
- Show you where to find help
Migrant Support Outreach
- Is based in Bathurst, available 3 days a week Tuesday - Thursday, provides advice and support regarding assisting newly arrived migrants and refugees.
We also provide an outreach service to Lithgow, Blayney, Oberon, Cowra, Grenfell, Kandos/Rylstone, Condobolin, Lake Cargelligo.
- Can assist with client advocacy, provide you with multicultural resources and can speak to your staff on cultural awareness, respect and sensitivity
Click here for more information.
Migrant Support Worker
The Neighbourhood Centre
96 Russell Street (P.O. Box 1469)
Bathurst NSW 2795
To speak in your language call 131 450
Tel 6332 4866
Click here to send an email.
Or contact the co-ordinator at your nearest Neighbourhood Centre
If you are a Service Provider and would like to make your service more accessible to people who come from other countries and other cultures, we can help by:
- organising workshops on Cultural Awareness for staff
- providing resources for staff on multiculturalism, racism etc. providing information and referral to individual clients
- providing pamphlets and brochures in a variety of languages, on a range of health and social issues
- providing liaison with other migrant services
for more information.
The Neighbourhood Centre is a member of the NSW Settlement Partnership (NSP) which is a program of the Settlement Services International (SSI). To learn more about the NSP, please visit their Website or Facebook page.
(The NSW Settlement Partnership is supported by the Department of Social Services under the Families and Communities Programme (Settlement Services)
Useful Phone Numbers
Department of Immigration and Border Protection - DIBP
Phone: 131 881
Click here to view DIBP's website.
Citizenship Enquiry Line
Translating and Interpreting Services
TRANSLATING & INTERPRETING SERVICE
TIS National call 131 450
Interpreters available in 170 languages
Telephone Interpreters are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Centrelink Multilingual Information Service
13 12 02
Health Care Interpreter Service
(for Public Health organisations only)
Face to face interpreting
1800 674 994