Important dates on the volunteering calendar
- National Volunteer Week – held annually during the 3rd week in May
- NSW Volunteer Awards – nominations open annually from May-July
- National Student Volunteer Week – held annually in August
- International Volunteer Managers Day – held annually on November 5
- International Volunteer Day – held annually on December 5
- NSW Volunteering Conference – held annually in June, hosted by The Centre for Volunteering
Volunteer related best practice, information links and resources
The following resources can also provide you with helpful tools and information on various aspects of volunteering:
- The Centre for Volunteering: The peak body for volunteering in NSW, promoting and supporting volunteering and community participation
- Volunteering Australia: The national peak body for volunteering, working to advance volunteering in the community. Find information here on The National Standards for Volunteer Involvement.
- NSW Volunteering: The State Government’s website for volunteers and volunteer-involving organisations. Find information here on the NSW Volunteer Strategy 2016-2020 as well as the Statement of Principles for the Recognition of Volunteers.
- Go Volunteer: A volunteer matching website for volunteers to find opportunities and organisations to advertise their volunteer vacancies.
- Justice Connect – Not for profit law – Legal help for community organisations: This is a link about legal issues relating to the engagement and management of volunteers including risk management and WHS.
- The Centre for Volunteering: A volunteer matching website for volunteers to find opportunities and organisations to advertise their volunteer vacancies.
- NSW Volunteer Strategy 2020 – 2030. Growing volunteering, making a difference.
TNC Disclaimer – Please note: The material provided in this resource has been prepared to provide general information only. It is not intended to be a substitute for particularised legal or other professional advice.
Call (02) 6332 4866